What is Body Butter?
Body butters are intense moisturizers designed to nourish, hydrate, and care for your skin. These lavish skincare products are for pampering yourself. Many body butters contain essential oils and hydrating butters that help nourish your skin. They go on smooth to provide many benefits for your skin:
Deep Hydration: Infused with shea butter and cocoa butter, body butters penetrate deep into your skin. Body butters help you achieve healthy-looking and irresistibly smooth skin.
Long-Lasting Moisturizing Action: Body butter continues hydrating for hours, delivering moisture and nutrients to dry skin that needs it most. This skincare superstar can also do wonders for hands.
Focused Revitalizing Effect: The intense hydration of body butter makes it ideal for treating areas prone to dryness. For example, if you notice that your elbows tend to dry out during the day, you can apply some nourishing body butter directly.
Excellent Skin Care: As body butter absorbs into your skin, it provides long-lasting hydration and helps prevent future dry skin.
Whenever you feel like giving yourself a complete spa experience, body butter is tough to beat. After soaking in a soothing bath and relaxing with candles, towel off and spread a layer of your favorite body butter over your skin. Nourishing ingredients deliver supple skin for an unforgettable treat.
What is Lotion?
Lotions are moisturizing blends that typically combine skin-pampering nutrients, essential ingredients, and water. They have a delicate feel and easily absorb into your skin. Since lotions tend to be lighter than body butter, they're an excellent choice for daily use as part of your skincare routine. The best lotions have a non-greasy formula to help your skin feel light and comfortable throughout the day.
The fact that lotions absorb quickly makes them easy to apply no matter where you are: at home, on the go, in class, or at the office. It only takes seconds to give your skin long-lasting softness right before bedtime or when getting ready for a date. If you notice dry areas on your knees or elbows, it's a breeze to give your skin the hydration it needs. For a great daily lotion that helps combat dry skin, try an argan oil moisturizer to indulge in deeply nourished skin.
Lotion is vital for avoiding dry skin after showering. These types of lotions, known as wet skin moisturizers, are specifically designed for use on wet skin. Apply them after showering or bathing to lock in moisture effortlessly all day long.
Certain lotions can also help to visibly firm and tone your skin. For your décolletage (also known as your neckline), use a neck and chest lotion to help firm the appearance of skin in this area and also protect it with SPF. To reduce the appearance of cellulite while also achieving a sunless glow, try a firming sunless tanner. These types of lotions help to visibly firm your skin while giving you a natural-looking sunless tan.
The main difference between these two skincare products is that body butter usually has a thicker texture than lotion. This quality makes body butter great for spreading over your skin and providing long-lasting moisture. On the other hand, lotion has a higher water content, so it feels lighter and absorbs more quickly into the skin.
- Both focus on replenishing your skin's moisture and protecting it from long-term damage and dryness.
- One of our top healthy skin tips is to moisturize your skin daily to help it look and feel amazing.
- When deciding between body butter and lotion, you can't really go wrong because both beauty products are great options for moisturizing your skin.
How To Choose Between Body Butter and Lotion
Everybody is unique. Your skin type plays an integral part in finding your favorite body butter and lotion. People with oily skin often love the refreshing feel of a lightweight lotion. For dry skin, choose intense hydration, such as lavender body butter.
Here are additional tips for treating your skin:
- During the winter months, schedule extra moisturizing sessions with body butter to prevent dry skin.
- For your daily moisturizing routine, use a lightweight, fast-absorbing lotion with nourishing ingredients.
- Before going to bed, apply body butter for an overnight skin treatment that deeply penetrates the skin surface for long-lasting hydration.
- After a long day outside, use body butter to help restore lost moisture.
- To avoid breakouts, use lotion instead of body butter for areas around the face. Since body butter is thicker than lotion, it may clog your pores if you’re prone to breakouts.
- For maximum skin softness after showering, select an after shower lotion to lock in moisture. If you shower at night, you can also use body butter for deep moisturization overnight.
- Before leaving the house for a night out, apply an illuminating lotion to your skin to give it a subtle shimmer.
When it comes down to it. Ingredients are king. Even though we would love for you to choose our products because all the ingredients are natural and sourced from the land. We just want you to choose a products that has the most natural ingredients for your skin.